National Christian College Fair – Pasadena Sept. 29
It is our goal each year at Western Christian to have every member of the senior class enrolled in college upon graduation. For the past eight years we have had great success. Each year the number of students enrolled in four-year colleges and universities has increased. This year we anticipate 65% enrollment in four-year colleges and 35% in two-year colleges.
Objectives of the College Program
- It is our desire to give our students the individual attention they need to plan their post high school education.
- It is our desire to assist parents as they plan for their student’s future.
- It is our desire to give students resources to make choices for their unique needs.
- It is our desire to give students prognostic tools to determine their future success.
We meet these objectives through:
- Individual college counseling for sophomore, junior and senior students
- College workshop for freshman and eighth grade students
- Five evening seminars for parents and students
- Two for seniors and parents, and one each for junior and sophomores and their parents and a Financial Aid Seminar
- “College View” computer system, which assists students with college choices and scholarship opportunities
- Over thirty college and university representatives who visit each year
- College Fair field trips for our sophomore and junior students
PSAT, PLAN and EXPLORE tests administered to freshmen, sophomore, and junior students.